The Local Offer website is designed to be simple and easy to use. There are also a number of features to ensure the website is as accessible as possible. But, to help make it even easier, below are some short videos with instructions and tips on how to best use and navigate around the website..
There are a number of ways you can access and find out about the Local Offer. You can:
- Use this Local Offer website, which has information, support and details about local services. (There are videos with an overview and instructions above)
- If English is your second language, and you would prefer for the information to be translated into a different language, you can do that by using the Google Translate feature. You can translate the content into over 90 different languages by using the translate feature on the top of the page. (View the video with instructions above)
- If you would prefer for the content to be read out aloud, you can also do that by using the BrowseAloud function. This allows the content to be read out aloud in English, or translated and read out in a different language. (View the video with instructions above)
- If you don't have a computer, our Local Offer website is fully responsive and so works on tablet devices (like iPad's) as well as on mobile smart phones.
- If you don't have internet access, you can access this Local Offer website free of charge by visiting your local Camden library. You can find your local Camden Library by clicking here.
- There is also a paper Local Offer booklet that you can read. You can download it here or request a copy by emailing email@example.com, or by asking a member of staff.
You can also speak to staff in our Special Educational Needs team, in Children Centres, your lead health or social care professional, at the monthly Short Breaks Drop-in or local support organisations like SENDIASS who can help guide you through the Local Offer.
If you stll have any questions or need any support, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you.