Local provision for local children
Camden seeks to make provision for children and young people in local maintained provision wherever possible. This includes both mainstream and specialist provision, and also includes maintained provision in nearby boroughs.
When considering specialist provision in neighbouring boroughs, parents are advised to consider Camden’s SEN transport policy. Where a child is eligible to receive transport assistance, this will be considered on the basis of the nearest suitable school to home.
Links to specialist provision in neighbouring boroughs are below:
- Barnet Local Offer - Special schools
- Brent Local Offer - Special schools
- Hackney Local Offer - Special Schools
- Haringey Local Offer - Special schools
- Islington Local Offer - Special schools
- Tower Hamlets Local Offer - Special Schools
- Westminster Local Offer - Special Schools
To search for Ofsted inspection reports for any school, you can click here. (will open in a new window)
Where we cannot meet needs locally, Camden will consider funding independent provision that can meet the child’s needs. In exceptional cases, residential provision will be considered.
A link to the Department for Education list of independent and non-maintained schools (also known as section 41 list) can be accessed by clicking the link..