Early Education & Childcare
Good quality childcare is beneficial for all children. It can play a hugely important role in your child's development, allowing them to become independent, to mix with other children and learn new things. But choosing the right childcare can be a difficult decision for every parent, particularly if your child has a special educational need or disability (SEND). For more information click here.
All 3 and 4 year old children are entitled to free early education and childcare places for up to 15 hours per week during term time. The free provision starts the term after their 3rd birthday.
There are also two schemes that enable you to extend these places to 30 hours of free early education for 3 and 4 year olds.
- The government scheme for 30 hours of early education and childcare for working parents
- Further information and to apply
- A new Camden Enhanced Scheme for 30 hours of free early education for some families
- Is this scheme for you?
Some 2 year olds are also eligible for 15 hours per week, free early education and childcare. See more here
- You can find out more about children's centres and what they offer by clicking here.
- Find out about different childcare options here
For information, advice and support on any element of your child's SEND contact Camden SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service) by calling 0207 974 6264.