University College London Hospital (UCLH) Find and Treat Team
(MXU Formerly known as University College Hospital (UCH) Mobile X-ray Unit.)
Mobile Tuberculosis (TB) X-Ray screening service operating across London at a variety of sites. Aimed at marginalised groups who have difficulty accessing mainstream healthcare. The X-Ray equipment is digital and so both gives instant results and is less intrusive than older units (people do not have to undress). Unit will also try to reach areas where TB is higher than usual, such as prisons and hostels for the homeless. Offers flexible service where possible. May also attend special events.
Room 246, 2nd Floor
Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- WC1E 6JB
Time / Date Details
- Opening times (visits)
- Usually operates Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (times can be flexible).
- Parent Body
- Hosted by University College London Hospital.
- Client Group
- Homeless, alcohol and drug users, prisoners and ex-prisoners, sex workers.
- Catchment Area
- Pan London.
- Capacity or waiting list
- Maximum of 300 patients per day (across London).
- Referrals Policy
- By booking the Unit for an event or area through the Project Manager.
- Language note
- Interpreters by arrangement; information is available in written translation
- Last checked date
- Record ID