Confidential advice, support and information for anyone affected by adoption or other forms of permanent care, including birth mothers and other birth relatives, adopted adults, adoptive parents, foster carers and special guardians and their children. Services include: daily Advice Line staffed by qualified counsellors experienced in adoption matters; face to face counselling for all parties to adoption; one-off consultations offering an initial exploration and advice on adoption and permanent placement concerns; assessments of individual concerns or difficulties, parenting concerns, attachment, emotional and behavioural difficulties, court instructed matters; intensive therapy for adoptive families; support with contact arrangements between adoptive and birth families; support groups for birth mothers and for adopted adults; intermediary service for birth relatives and adopted adults wishing to make or maintain contact (PAC does not provide a tracing service); workshops and seminars for all parties to adoption; professional consultation and training; fortnightly drop-in for birth mothers whose children have been compulsorily removed; ethnically sensitive service for black and minority ethnic families and individuals.
(Formerly known as Post-Adoption Centre)
Family Action Head Office
- N1 7GR
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (office).
- Opening times (phone)
- Advice line Mon-Fri 10am-1pm. Late sessions Wed and Thu 5.30pm-7.30pm.
- Service level agreement with Camden Council allows for Camden residents to receive some services free of charge; please call for details.
- Client Group
- Anyone who has been affected by adoption or other forms of permanent care.
- Catchment Area
- National advice line. London and South East for visits.
- Referrals Policy
- Appointment necessary for visits to PAC with initial contact via advice line, letter or email.
- Last checked date
- Record ID