MOSAIC Sleep Service promotes good sleep behaviour for children with developmental concerns, disabilities and complex needs. • Parents/carers are initially invited to attend a one-off, two-hour sleep information workshop offering basic guidance on preventing and managing sleep problems. • The service also offers one to one sleep counselling for children with developmental concerns and complex needs. For those parents/carers who have attended a sleep information workshop and require further individual sleep support, we offer 6-12 sessions of one to one sleep counselling. This includes assessment of the child’s sleep problems, use of sleep diaries, and development of a personalised sleep programme. The sleep programme covers sleep hygiene, bedtime routine and suitable parent/carer responses to sleep problems. • Where sleep medication is required, appointments and reviews with a consultant psychiatrist within the sleep service is organised. Prescription of the medication is initiated and then shared with the family’s GP and paediatrician. • The service offers sleep consultation to other professionals (e.g. special schools, charities, social care, CAMHS workers) working with children with developmental concerns, disabilities and complex needs in Camden.
MOSAIC Sleep Service
- Contact Name
- Dr Susan Cottam
- Contact Position
- MOSAIC Sleep Service Coordinator
- 020 3317 2200
Kentish Town Health Centre
- NW5 2BX
- Cantelowes Ward
- Last checked date
- Record ID
- Local Offer Age Bands
Children under 5
School Age Children & Young People 5-18
- SEN Provision Type
- Where is the service located and what areas does it cover?
• MOSAIC Sleep Service is based in Kentish Town Health Centre and we work with the whole local authority area. It also undertakes outreach work in families’ homes, nurseries, schools and other community settings as appropriate.
- Who does your service provide for?
• Children between the ages of 18 months and 19 years living in Camden. • Children with developmental concerns, disabilities and complex needs. • Children who are currently receiving a service from MOSAIC – however, parents/carers of children not receiving a service from MOSAIC may attend a sleep information workshop. To receive one to one sleep counselling, a referral supported by a Single Point of referral Form must be submitted to MOSAIC.
- How can a child or young person start using the service?
• A referral is made to MOSAIC Sleep Service Coordinator by someone who knows the child’s special needs such as their GP, school or other health professional. A sleep service referral form is completed by referrer accompanied by a covering letter. • Self-referrals are accepted for children with an established disability. • Parents/carers are usually invited to the next available sleep information workshop (which run every two months). There is a waiting time of up to two months for one to one sleep counselling. • Currently no charges are made for the services provided.
- How are decisions made about eligibility for your service?
• All parents/carers referred are invited to attend a sleep information workshop provided they meet the eligibility criteria outlined above. • If parents/carers require further sleep help after attending a sleep information workshop, a telephone consultation between parent/carer and the Sleep Service Coordinator takes place to determine if further behavioural sleep support is needed.
- How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making/planning?
• A MOSAIC sleep service information leaflet is available. • The service attends local information days to promote the service. • The service is advertised in local newsletters. • Interpreters are available for the sleep service workshop and for one to one sleep counselling. • Families provide direct feedback to the sleep service team via questionnaires after the sleep information workshop and after one to one sleep counselling.
- Is your service fully accessible?
• The building is fully wheelchair accessible. • There are disabled changing and toilet facilities and changing facilities. • The Play and Wait reception area on the first floor is child centred in its design and equipment available.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had/or will be they be getting?
• MOSAIC Sleep Service staff comprise a variety of trained professionals such as clinical psychologists, child psychiatrists, specialist nurses, therapists, specialist health visitors, social workers, family support workers, and key workers. • Sleep Service staff have all been trained in the Sleep Scotland cognitive behavioural approach to managing sleep difficulties for disabled children.
- Who should a service user contact if they want to raise a concern or complain about something?
• Any concern or complaint should be firstly taken up with the professionals working with the family or MOSAIC Sleep Service Coordinator: email@example.com 020 3317 2261. If you remain unhappy you can contact the Head of MOSAIC Kentish Town Health Centre 2 Bartholomew Road London, NW5 2AJ Telephone: 020 3317 2000 Or you can make a complaint through the Council’s complaints process. [Camden Complaints](http://www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/council-and-democracy/having-your-say/complaints-and-suggestions/how-do-i-complain-about-a-council-service.en) or ring the general council phone number; 020 7974 4444 or Comments, concerns or compliments can be directed to PALS on: Telephone: 020 7685 5973 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing addressed to: PALS, Bedford House, 3rd Floor, 125-133 Camden High Street, NW1 7JRthe PALS representative
- Who can a parent carer/young person contact for further information?
For further information you can contact either: Susan Cottam MOSAIC Sleep Service Coordinator: email@example.com 020 3317 2261 or Estefania Diaz MOSAIC Sleep Service Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org 020 3317 2250 Kentish Town Health Centre 2 Bartholomew Road London, NW5 2AJ
The Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Camden Local Authority. Any service or provider mentioned in this Local Offer, does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of the service or quality of the service provided. You are responsible for undertaking your own checks to determine suitability of the service and provider.