Our London team offers:
- Free information workshops for groups of parent carers including coping and support with challenging behaviour, helping your child to sleep, transition from adult to child services and information about benefits.
- Information about local services, sources of further and specialist advice and support.
- Information guides on everyday living such as financial help and benefits, accessing help and support, play and leisure activities for families and education, health and social care services.
- Ways to meet other local parents through support groups, meetings, workshops and events.
- Free information sessions for professionals working with families with disabled children.
- Our local services are backed up up by our central services including: Contact a Family helpline for information or advice on any aspect of caring for a disabled child. Our team of trained advisers includes education specialists and a dedicated welfare rights team.
- We also have the Contact a Family website: Our website offers up-to-date information on hundreds of medical conditions, extensive information on benefits and services as well as a wider range of support, information and advice for families. You can link with families going through similar experiences, download our resources.