The Primary Learning Support Service (PLSS) provides specialist help for primary school age children with emotional, social, language, communication and mental health difficulties. PLSS helps children with Special Educational Needs (SEN), their parents and carers, and staff working with them. PLSS is made up of the Primary SEBD Service and Camden Language and Communication Service. We provide assessments and specialist help for children with emotional, social, language, communication and mental health difficulties. The Camden Language and Communication Service (CLCS) provides specialist teachers and speech and language therapists to support children with language and communication difficulties, including disorders such as specific language impairment and autism. It provides direct work with children, training to school staff, and help setting up programmes such as language groups and social skills groups. It also provides training and support to parents and carers and the wider children's workforce. PLSS includes Robson House (Camden's Primary Pupil Referral Unit). This is a specialist therapeutic and educational placement for children who cannot attend mainstream school because of social, emotional and mental health needs, or who have been permanently excluded from school. Robson House provides integrated support for children and their families from a team which includes teachers, psychologists, and therapists. Robson House Outreach provides support to children and staff in Camden’s mainstream primary schools.
Primary Learning Support Service (Camden Council)
- Activity location
- Netley Campus on Stanhope Street.
- NW1 3JX
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- School: Monday to Friday 9.30am-3pm, Outreach / Family Services: as required.
- Opening times (visits)
- Please contact the Head or Deputy Heads of Service to arrange.
- Free service.
- Parent Body
- Camden Council Supporting People Directorate.
- Client Group
- Children with emotional, social, language, communication and mental health difficulties, who are of primary school age and are Camden residents or at Camden schools.
- Catchment Area
- Capacity or waiting list
- 20 places at Robson House, outreach and Camden Language and Communication Service case-load as negotiated with schools.
- Referrals Policy
Referral to CLCS and Robson House Outreach is made via children's school. Placement at Robson House PPRU is allocated via Camden's School Inclusion Team, SEN Panel and PLSS.
- Referral required?
- Regents Park Ward
- Last checked date
- Record ID