The service provides support in setting up direct payments to fund services for anyone 16-65. For families of young people aged 16 and over this may help to achieve the desired outcomes agreed in their Education, Health and Care plan. Services include doing the start-up paperwork, organising the payroll and recruitment where the service user is going to employ their own Personal Assistants.
- Contact Name
- Pat Stack
- 020 7383 4901
- NW1 1EU
- Referrals Policy
- Take referrals from MOSAIC Disabled Children’s Social Care Team.
- St Pancras and Somers Town Ward
- Last checked date
- Record ID
- Local Offer Age Bands
Preparing for Adult Life 14-25
Children under 5
School Age Children & Young People 5-18
- SEN Provision Type
- Where is the service located and what areas does it cover?
PSIC will be based at 58 Phoenix Rd, Camden and will cover the whole of Camden.
- Who does your service provide for?
The service provides for families with a disabled child or for a young disabled person aged 16 or over in their own right.
- How can a child or young person start using the service?
A referral needs to have been made to MOSAIC disabled children’s team who will carry out an assessment of need, agree outcomes and make sure that the child or young person is eligible to receive a Direct Payment. Sometimes the child or young person’s needs can be met through universal or targeted services.
- How are decisions made about eligibility for your service?
Decisions about eligibility are made by the disabled children’s social care team in MOSAIC. If a family is eligible for services then they are eligible for Direct Payments.
- How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making/planning?
PSIC will work with families and young disabled people to help them decide how their Direct Payment is to be used based on the assessment outcomes. Families are involved in all decisions that affect the use of their Direct Payment.
- Is your service fully accessible?
Yes, our office on Phoenix Road is accessible and our service is fully accessible We make home visits.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had/or will be they be getting?
Our Staff do not work directly with children, but are kept fully trained in all aspects and changes to Direct Payments, plus general training on safeguarding and disability awareness.
- Who should a service user contact if they want to raise a concern or complain about something?
If a parent or young person wants to raise a concern or make a complaint they should contact: Pat Stack Manager by phone on 020 7383 4901 or e mail email@example.com or write to 58 Phoenix Road NW1 1ES
- Who can a parent carer/young person contact for further information?
For further information a parent or young person can contact any member of the team on: 020 7383 4901 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Camden Local Authority. Any service or provider mentioned in this Local Offer, does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of the service or quality of the service provided. You are responsible for undertaking your own checks to determine suitability of the service and provider.