Skip to main content

Parent and Carer Counselling Service (PCCS) (Camden Council)

PCCS is a free counselling service available to parents and carers who have a child in a Camden maintained school or children's centre.  Mothers, fathers, foster carers and other carers of children in Camden schools use the service.

We provide twelve sessions of 1-1 counselling, which take place weekly in school hours during term time. Counselling sessions last fifty minutes. What’s said in sessions is confidential unless a child or another person is at risk of harm. Counselling sessions provide an opportunity for parents to talk about problems, decisions, worries or changes in any area of their life. Problems do not have to be related to parenting. Parents and carers who have used the service say that counselling has helped them untangle their thoughts and feelings, draw on their strengths and develop new perspectives. They have felt more able to cope and face the future as a result.

Contact details

Contact Name
Miranda Clifford
Contact Position
PCCS Co-ordinator
020 7974 6821
Fax: 020 7974 6501


Activity location
Counselling takes place in a private room within the school or children's centre.
Educational Psychology Service
London Borough of Camden
5 Pancras Square
c/o Town Hall, Judd Street

Time / Date Details

When is it on
Counselling sessions take place weekly during school hours, term time only.
Opening times (phone)
Enquiries Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.


Free service.

Further details

Parent Body
Camden Council Supporting People Directorate.
Client Group
To access the service the parent or carer must look after a child who attends a Camden-maintained school or children's centre.
Catchment Area
Counselling is provided in all Camden-maintained primary, secondary and special schools and children's centres.
Capacity or waiting list
The majority of clients start counselling within 2-3 weeks of receipt of application.
Referrals Policy
PCCS is a self-referral service but professionals can complete an application form on behalf of a parent and forward it to us provided that they have the parent’s consent to do so. Parents and carers can refer themselves to PCCS by: • emailing and ask for an application form to be sent electronically • completing an application form in a hard copy of our leaflet and posting it to us • completing an application form online at . Search for parent counselling. Click on the first document that comes up in the search list.
Referral required?
Last checked date
Record ID
Back to top