Integrated Early Years Service (IEYS)
There are five children’s centres located across the borough:
- 1a Children's Centre
- Agar Children's Centre
- Harmood Children's Centre
- Kilburn Grange Children's Centre
- Regent’s Park Children's Centre
Each centre offers a wide range of universal and targeted services for children and their families from pregnancy to age 5 years, including:
- Midwifery: antenatal and postnatal services
- Baby Feeding advice and support (1-1 and group based)
- Integrated health visiting and family support (Early Help)
- Children’s speech and language therapy
- Parenting programmes and 1-1 parenting support and child psychotherapy
- Benefits and housing advice, help to find training and work
- Mental health interventions for parents and help to reduce inter-parental conflict
- Universal and targeted Stay and Play drop-ins
- Volunteer Programme (Parent Champions)
- Early education: free entitlement for 2 year olds and 3-4 year olds, including CIN places
IEYS family support is a targeted service for those children and families at most risk of poor outcomes. Camden families with at least one child under 5 years (including during pregnancy) with additional needs (Level 2 – 4, see threshold diagram) are eligible.
Families can self-refer or be referred by a professional.
The Family Worker completes a whole family assessment, delivers interventions, refers to additional services according to need and acts as Lead Professional to coordinate the Team around the Family.