We are a multi-disciplinary team that support children with life limiting/life threatening conditions. We support children living in Camden, Haringey and Islington. The team consists of:
- Community Matron, who manages the team, has a caseload of her own and works strategically to raise the profile of paediatric palliative care.
- Working alongside the Community Matron are specialist nurses who provide training and support to the respite nursery nurses, support to the parents and the child and end of life care in the home.
- The specialist nurses also provide bereavement support to the parents and debriefs to staff.
- Short Breaks (Respite) nursery nurses who provide sessions of short breaks in the home allowing parents to leave the home. This may be part of a joint short breaks package with MOSAIC social care team.
- Play specialist/youth worker who works with the child to explore how they feel. She also provides a bereavement programme for the bereaved siblings.
- A psychologist who provides pre and post- bereavement support to parents and clinical supervision to colleagues.