The Camden Apprenticeships team works in partnership with local employers and training providers to offer Apprenticeships for local people of all ages. We provide tailored support through from the application process to completing the apprenticeship with the employer.
Camden Apprenticeships (Camden Council)
- Activity location
- 5 Pancras Square, N1C 4AG
c/o Town Hall, Judd Street
- WC1H 9JE
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.
- Parent Body
- Camden Council Supporting Communities Directorate.
- Client Group
- Camden Apprenticeships’ vacancies are open to Camden residents, Camden care leavers and former Camden Secondary School students aged 16 and above.
- Catchment Area
- London Borough of Camden only.
- Kings Cross Ward
- Last checked date
- Record ID
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Preparing for Adult Life 14-25
- SEN Provision Type
- Where is the service located and what areas does it cover?
The Camden Apprenticeship team is located at 5 Pancras Square, N1C 4AG. However, employers and training providers are located across London.
- Who does your service provide for?
Camden Apprenticeships’ vacancies are open to all Camden residents, Camden care leavers and former Camden Secondary School students aged 16 + ((there is now no upper age limit and those with degrees can now also apply to do an apprenticeship). Although support is provided through the apprenticeship team, applicants will need to be job-ready or approaching job readiness.
- How can a child or young person start using the service?
This service is free for Camden residents, Camden care leavers and those who attended a Camden Secondary School.
Please visit Camden Apprenticeships to search and apply for vacancies or email email@example.com for more information.
Apprenticeships are also available through the National Apprenticeships website.
- How are decisions made about eligibility for your service?
To apply for apprenticeship vacancies, candidates must be Camden residents, Camden care leavers or former Camden Secondary School students aged 16 and over. Candidates need to achieve at least an Entry Level 3 score in numeracy and literacy assessments to meet the eligibility criteria stipulated by apprenticeship training providers.
- How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making/planning?
Camden Apprenticeships provides information through outreach sessions and advertises all vacancies at Camden Apprenticeships. Vacancy details are also advertised on Twitter and Facebook, and sent round to those registered on our mailing list.
Once recruitment is complete, both the employer and apprentice are invited to attend regular forums to feedback on their experience. Camden Apprenticeships also gathers feedback via annual surveys which are sent to all stakeholders to ask for ratings/comments on the main aspects of our service delivery. This information is used to make improvements where possible.
- Is your service fully accessible?
Accessibility is taken into account when looking at appropriate apprenticeship opportunities.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had/or will be they be getting?
As part of the service, Camden apprenticeships team works with employers to help them best support apprentices. We identify any training needs for the employer and/or training provider through the application and induction process.
Where necessary, Camden Apprenticeships supports employers and apprentices to contact Access to Work to identify reasonable adjustments to support young people with disabilities in the workplace. The team also liaises with training providers in cases where additional literacy and numeracy support is needed.
- Who should a service user contact if they want to raise a concern or complain about something?
Service users can contact:
- Christine.Shobande , Apprenticeships Co-ordinator
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T: 020 79748548
- Chris Bowels, Apprenticeships Co-ordinator
- E: email@example.com
- T: 020 7974 3672
- Who can a parent carer/young person contact for further information?
For further information, please see Camden Apprenticeships or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7974 8778.
The Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Camden Local Authority. Any service or provider mentioned in this Local Offer, does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of the service or quality of the service provided. You are responsible for undertaking your own checks to determine suitability of the service and provider.