The ‘Moving Forward in Camden’ peer mentoring program provides a 10 week service for Camden residents who are experiencing mental ill health.
A peer mentor can help you with things like:
- Setting a short term, realistic, achievable goal that the mentor can help you reach.
- Accessing activities to help you get well and stay well.
- Offering friendly and practical support.
- Finding out what’s available in Camden.
- Finding professional support that works for you.
- Working out ‘the system’.
- Motivation and encouragement.
- Filling in forms and sorting out paperwork.
- Helping to learn how to do research or use the internet.
- Accompanying you to a place/self–help group/appointment.
They are looking to recruit mentors who have lived experience of mental health problems and services, who live in Camden and Camden residents who are going through mental ill health and would benefit from having a mentor.