Independent travel training helps young people travel independently to school or college.
Being able to access public transport will help young people make their own decisions about how they live, what they want to achieve, and open up different opportunities..
Independent travel training has many benefits. These include:
- Increasing independence and letting you use your own initiative
- Providing greater freedom to eventually become less reliant on friends and family
- Raising your self confidence
- Developing social skills
You can watch this video on the BBC website to find out more.
Camden offers Independent travel training and this is avaialble if you:
- Are aged between 10 and 25
- Are eligible for and currently accessing supported transport arrangements to help you meet your aims in your EHC Plan;
- Are Getting an EHC Plan for the first time, which names a school that is not your local school and you are eligible for support with travel.