Skip to main content

Search Results (5)

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Independent travel training

Independent travel training helps young people travel independently to school or college. Being able to access public transport will help young people make their own decisions about how they live, what they want to achieve, and open up different opportunities.

Personal Budgets

Personal budgets are one part of a wider transformation programme which includes Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.

Public transport and disabled access

There are lots of places to go, things to see and do in Camden, as well as across London and beyond. Transport is an important way of helping you get out and about. For general information about transport and travel, you can visit the transport…

Children under 5

Children under 5 Camden offers services to all families with children under 5 years old (including expecting mothers) and specialist services for children with special needs and disabilities. Who to talk to first If your child isn't attending nursery or pre-school and you have concerns about your…

Early Education & Childcare

Early Education & Childcare Good quality childcare is beneficial for all children. It can play a hugely important role in your child's development, allowing them to become independent, to mix with other children and learn new things. But choosing the right childcare can be a…

Areas of special educational need / disability

Below you will find links to information on specific conditions. You can also visit the Contact a Family page where you will be able to find out up to date comprehensive information about many different diagnoses of disabilities and different conditions. 

Receiving a medical diagnosis

All children are individual and will develop at different rates. However, to get a general idea ‘milestones’ are used to help track your child’s development and to give an indication as to whether they are progressing at a ‘typical’ rate. This page contains responses to the…

Special schools and other specialist provision

Most children and young people who have an EHC plan will attend a mainstream school. For some, it might be right for that child or young person to go to a specialist setting, school, or college, or specialist unit. Assessment by a number of different professionals…

Travel & Transport

Transport provision If your child’s nearest suitable school is beyond statutory walking distance from their home, the Council has a duty to provide a free travel pass. For a child with special educational needs, the nearest suitable school may be different than for other pupils -…
Back to top