Skip to main content

Minding the Gap – Camden Transitions Team

The service provides a fortnightly meeting where complex transitions cases from CAMHS and other young people services are discussed, a management plan is developed and, when required, a referral into the relevant specialist team is supported and followed-up.

The service has transition champion clinicians based in IAPT and Personality Disorder Services. The clinicians champion the needs of young people in the service, create a more accessible and young-person friendly model of service delivery and offer outreach to improve engagement with services. 

Contact details

Contact Name
Dr Jeff Halperin
Contact Position
Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Head of Camden and Islington Psychology and Psychotherapy Services


Activity location
A variety of locations in addiiton to St. Pancras Hospital
St. Pancras Hospital
St. Pancras Way

Further details

Last checked date
Record ID

Local Offer

About Local Offer
Local Offer Age Bands
Preparing for Adult Life 14-25
SEN Provision Type
Where is the service located and what areas does it cover?

The fortnightly meeting takes place at St.Pancras Hospital but the transition champion clinicians are based across a variety of community sites as well as St.Pancras Hospital and the Highgate Mental Health Centre. 

Who does your service provide for?

Young people in Camden in the age range 17-24 years.

How can a child or young person start using the service?

Young people can ask the clinician or team that is supporting them if their case can be reviewed at the Minding the Gap meeting.  

How are decisions made about eligibility for your service?

Any young person aged between 17 and 24 (inclusive) will be considered by the service.

How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making/planning?

We have a Young Peoples’ Board that meets monthly.  The Board is engaging with a series of projects with service providers to make services more accessible and user-friendly.

Is your service fully accessible?


Who should a service user contact if they want to raise a concern or complain about something?

Service users will be able to make a complaint or raise a concern by contacting the team that is delivering their care or by contacting Minding the Gap at

The Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Camden Local Authority. Any service or provider mentioned in this Local Offer, does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of the service or quality of the service provided. You are responsible for undertaking your own checks to determine suitability of the service and provider.

Back to top