We offer outings and activities for children who are young carers for their brother or sister. The age range is from 5 to 15. The group runs twice a year in half terms. It gives children a chance to meet other children who have a sibling with a disability, it gives them an opportunity to talk or share how they feel about being a young carer. There is no cost to the family.
KIDS Siblings Group
- Contact Name
- Elizabeth Olokun
- Contact Position
- Siblings Coordinator / Key worker
- 020 7359 3635
- N1 8HX
- Last checked date
- Record ID
- Local Offer Age Bands
- School Age Children & Young People 5-18
- SEN Provision Type
- Where is the service located and what areas does it cover?
Our temporary office is at 7-9 Elliot’s Place, London N1 8HX. We hope to be based in a Camden office soon. We cover the whole borough of Camden.
- Who does your service provide for?
Our service provides for any child who has a brother or sister with a disability age 5-15 and who live in the borough of Camden.
- How can a child or young person start using the service?
Children can be referred by a parent, social worker, school or support worker
- How are decisions made about eligibility for your service?
If the child has a brother or sister with a disability they are included.
- How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making/planning?
Children are asked to do feedback in the form of smiley face ratings, drawings or written down. They can remain anonymous if they wish. All children are invited to recommend any activities that they would like to do the next time.
- Is your service fully accessible?
Our service is accessible to all children and young people.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had/or will be they be getting?
This is a service for non disabled children and young people. Staff are knowledgeable about the issues facing siblings of disabled children.
- Who should a service user contact if they want to raise a concern or complain about something?
If a service user wants to raise a concern or complain about something they can contact: KIDS Elizabeth Olokun Siblings Coordinator / Key worker 020 7359 3635 Elizabeth.Olokun@kids.org.uk Or Julie Tucker 020 7359 3635 Julie.email@example.com
- Who can a parent carer/young person contact for further information?
Siblings Coordinator / Key workerElizabeth Olokun 020 7359 3635 Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Camden Local Authority. Any service or provider mentioned in this Local Offer, does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of the service or quality of the service provided. You are responsible for undertaking your own checks to determine suitability of the service and provider.