Councillor Danny Beales (Lab). The role is:
Leading on job creation, protecting mixed communities and sharing our common wealth including investment in new homes, schools, green space and community facilities (including planning, Community Investment Programme, regeneration, place-making, economic growth and jobs and acting as the Cabinet strategic lead on HS2).
To take responsibility for delivery of the aspects of Our Camden Plan that relate to the portfolio functions outlined below. In particular by:
- building as many genuinely affordable homes as we can as quickly as we can, and help others (including housing associations and developers) to do the same
- working with the business community to deliver genuinely inclusive growth that benefits everyone
- increasing the number of affordable workspaces in the borough
- helping those furthest from the labour market into rewarding work
- focusing on building communities that are mixed, with well-designed homes and infrastructure that encourage integration, cohesion, and active lifestyles
- preserving and enhancing a culture of lifelong learning by working with our colleges, employers, universities and the voluntary sector, to support citizens to develop skills and knowledge to access work and opportunities, but also to continue to enrich their lives and foster individual wellbeing.
To have responsibility for functions within the remit of the Cabinet which relate to growth and economic development, including job creation in Camden, as well as the planning service.
To oversee the authority’s functions as a local planning authority (other than those which are the responsibility of the Council and its Planning Committee) including enforcement with particular reference to planning policies and place shaping (including HS2 and Euston), the Local Plan Review, s106, Community Infrastructure Levy and Neighbourhood Planning.
To lead on economic development, growth and job creation including adult apprenticeships in Camden including relationships with the Camden Business Board and business improvement districts.
To lead on protecting mixed communities and sharing our common wealth including investment in schools, new homes, green space and community facilities, (including planning, Community Investment Programme, regeneration, place-making).
To have responsibility for all matters within the remit of the Cabinet which relate to regeneration.
To have corporate oversight of cross-cutting Community Investment Programme issues.
Increase the number of Camden residents gaining employment, based on the skills and vocational training they have gained.
To be responsible for the health and safety issues that fall within the remit of this portfolio.
To have responsibility for the North London Waste Plan.
To take the overall strategic lead on HS2 and Euston Station and well as have specific responsibility for the aspects of the council’s response to HS2 and Euston Station that fall within these portfolio responsibilities.