The Pirate Castle is a boating and outdoor activities charity with a distinctive, fully-accessible community centre on the bank of the Regent's Canal, in the heart of Camden Town.
We promote life chances, learning and healthy living through a raft of canal-based and community activities and have been flying the flag for opportunity and adventure for over 50 years!
Canoeing, kayaking and canal boating are core to our work and we strive to tackle disadvantage, challenge exclusion and support the more vulnerable members of our community through all that we do. With a focus on local children and special needs/disability groups, our free and subsidised projects enhance health and wellbeing, nurture life and social skills and bring people together - regardless of their ability or personal circumstances. Our community centre also provides affordable spaces for people to run their own events, projects or activities.
- Kayaking, canoeing and bell-boating sessions (community groups, schools and private hire)
- Canal boat hire and boat handling courses (community groups, schools and private hire)
- Holiday Schemes for 8-16 year olds (every Camden school holiday from Spring half-term to Autumn half-term)
- Drop-in, affordable kayaking club for 8-16 year olds
- Pirate Multi-Activity Days (community groups and schools)
- Team building and corporate events
- Hall Hire for your own activities, parties or events
Main Hall (standing capacity = 120, seating capacity = 60; induction loop, wifi, kitchen, projector + large screen
Club Room (suitable for meetings or events up to 30 people
Smaller meeting rooms, ideal for 2-6 people