Skip to main content

Camden Complex Needs Outreach Team (Camden Council)

We are a small multi-disciplinary/multi agency team which assesses and supports the psychological, emotional and mental health needs of young people with complex needs. This is up to 25 years  if they have an EHC plan. 

These complex needs can lead to challenging behaviour. This can be caused by mental health diagnosis, severe learning difficulties, autism, conduct disorders, anxiety and mood disorders and other conditions. Many of the young people we work with have a combination of these difficulties which often makes it difficult for them to remain at home and in non-residential school placements. 

We therefore also have a role in helping to find suitable alternative school/residential placements for them. We continue to monitor and support their care even when they are not in Camden.

Contact details

Contact Name
Patricia Pemberton
Contact Position
Team Manager, CAMHS Specialist Outreach Advisor


London Borough Of Camden
Pancras Square

Further details

Parent Body
Commissioned by Camden Council from the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust.
Last checked date
Record ID

Local Offer

About Local Offer
Local Offer Age Bands
Preparing for Adult Life 14-25
Children under 5
School Age Children & Young People 5-18
SEN Provision Type
Where is the service located and what areas does it cover?

We are located at 5 Pancras Square and cover all of Camden. 

We also travel outside of the borough to any place where a Camden young person in a residential school may be placed.

Who does your service provide for?

In Camden

  • Working with families carers and network to support non-residential school placements and placements that are non-Camden Centre For Learning (CCFL)to prevent placement breakdown 
  • Child and Adolescent Psychiatric input to Robson House School and CCFL

Outside of Camden

  • As a team we continue to work with young people where ever they are placed which means we can travel far distances anywhere in the UK.
  • We support the finding of placements, working closely with the SEN placement planning officers and if needed social services resources team.
  • We will visit placements before a young person is placed to assess its ability to meet their needs and any additional resources which may be needed.
  • We will continue to monitor the placement and report back to the Complex Needs Panel where funding agreements are made where necessary.
  • Where placements are struggling with a young person’s behaviour we will offer to support the placement, help them with their thinking by offering additional assessments and by directly supporting the staff team.
  • We refer young people for specialist assessments and interventions where necessary.
How can a child or young person start using the service?

Referrals can come from the SEN placement planning officer, the Camden Commissioners, Social Workers or Community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services in Camden.

How are decisions made about eligibility for your service?

All young people must have EHC plans to be considered.

How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making/planning?

Where appropriate we meet with service users and their families and discuss with them our input and how we can be of help. We attempt at all times to work with families, share information with them and take on board their views.

Is your service fully accessible?

Once a referral is made to our service then we are fully accessible to families. Prior to this families will need a referral to be able to access our support.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had/or will be they be getting?

Our team is staffed by a Senior Social Worker, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Educational Psychologist, Assistant Psychologist and an administrator.  All clinical staff have had extensive training on the emotional and psychological needs of young people.

Who should a service user contact if they want to raise a concern or complain about something?

They can contact Patricia Pemberton the Team Manager by emailing Or Hilary Forbes Head of Camden SEN and Education Psychology Services by emailing

Who can a parent carer/young person contact for further information?

Patricia Pemberton, the Team Manager or Harry Mycroft, the Team Administrator.

The Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Camden Local Authority. Any service or provider mentioned in this Local Offer, does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of the service or quality of the service provided. You are responsible for undertaking your own checks to determine suitability of the service and provider.

Back to top