Skip to main content

Wac Arts Transition Service

Camden has a Transition service specifically for disabled young people provided by Wac Arts. The social care team in Camden MOSAIC identifies young people who would benefit from being linked to a Transitions worker to focus on achieving increased skills for independence. This is an individual service which aims to support young people aged 15-18 through a particular transition. The service links the young person with a transitions worker from Wac Arts to engage in activities which aim to encourage the development of new skills and social networks. Wac Arts will set activities which will promote independence and enable young people to achieve personal goals identified by the young person and their parents/ carers. Areas for support and development can include skills such as meal preparation, shopping, budgeting, travel training, personal care and staying safe.

Contact details

Contact Name
Jo Yeoman
Contact Position
Advocacy, Buddying and Transitions Coordinator
020 7692 5800
Wac Arts 


WAC Arts
Haverstock Hill

Further details

Belsize Ward
Last checked date
Record ID

Local Offer

About Local Offer
Local Offer Age Bands
Preparing for Adult Life 14-25
SEN Provision Type
Where is the service located and what areas does it cover?

The service can be located around the young person’s current activities, activities provided by Wac Arts, their home and / or out in the local community.

Who does your service provide for?

The service is aimed at disabled young people aged 15 - 18

How can a child or young person start using the service?

The young person will be referred to the service by the young person's social worker in the disabled children's social care team in Camden Mosaic.

How are decisions made about eligibility for your service?

Decisions about referrals to the service are made by the disabled children's social care team in Camden Mosaic. A completed Wac Arts Transitions referral form will be sent to the Advocacy, Buddying and Transitions coordinator at Wac Arts by the young person's social worker.

How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making/planning?

Transition workers support young people to choose what activities they would like to participate in and in consultation with their workers they plan each transition session, this includes journey planning and budgeting. Service users are given consultation forms to express their views on the transition service.

Is your service fully accessible?

Our building and service is fully accessible and transition workers travel to the young people to deliver this service.

What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had/or will be they be getting?

Staff have a variety of training and this includes: • Child protection and safeguarding procedures • Disability awareness • Confidentiality • Good communication skills, including use of different communication methods e.g PECS /Makaton • Manual Handling & Safe use of aids and equipment • Managing challenging behaviour • Boundary settings • Working with Parents • Conflict Management • Working with people who have physical and sensory disabilities • Confidentiality • Relevant NVQ Qualification or relevant experience of working with this user group • Use of Sensory equipment • Risk Assessment • Basic first aid First Aid certificate • University degrees and Master degrees • ABA training • Autism awareness training • Teaching qualifications Staff supporting young people with SEND on the transition service, are able to complete training from Camden TDS.

Who should a service user contact if they want to raise a concern or complain about something?

If a service user has a concern or wants to complain about something happening in their life they can tell their transition worker who will pass the information to the Buddying, Advocacy and Transitions coordinator: Jo Yeoman 020 7692 5862 If the concern is regarding the Transition service the Buddying, Advocacy and Transitions coordinator or Disability Officer at Wac Arts would be happy to listen to any concerns regarding the service. Transition service evaluation forms are used to gain young people’s views on the Transition service.

Who can a parent carer/young person contact for further information?

Jo Yeoman Advocacy, Buddying and Transitions Coordinator 020 7692 5862

The Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Camden Local Authority. Any service or provider mentioned in this Local Offer, does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of the service or quality of the service provided. You are responsible for undertaking your own checks to determine suitability of the service and provider.

Back to top