The Inclusive Intervention Team (IIT) is a Camden Council service for children in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). We work with nurseries in the private, voluntary and independent (PVI) sectors and maintained nurseries and children’s centres in Camden. We support nursery settings to implement the ‘Assess, Plan, Do, Review’ cycle, as outlined in the SEND Code of Practice (2015).
The IIT aims to:
• Support inclusive practices and activities for Early Years settings and staff to support children with SEND
• Fully involve parents in the process of supporting children with SEND
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in other teams
• Help with access to services
• Support with transitions to school.
• Meetings with parents and SEND Co-ordinators (SENDCOs) to discuss children’s needs
• Nursery visits and observations
• Support with monitoring of children’s progress over time
• Support with Individual Education Plans (IEP) and review processes
• Advice on interventions
• Multi-agency planning with colleagues from other teams
• Support for the transition of children with SEND into, or from, nursery
• General advice on SEND processes and procedures
• Specialist equipment loans
• Signposting to other services or agencies.
The IIT also support childminders with phone advice if they are concerned about specific children with SEND.