The Camden Chinese Community Nursery is a voluntary organisation providing care and education. We provide nursery education for 20 two to five year olds. The Nursery has an Ofsted 'Good' rating. The Nursery is bi-lingual and gives children an opportunity to learn some basic Chinese.
Camden Lock Nursery
United Reformed Church
- NW1 8NJ
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Nursery hours Mon-Fri 9.30am-3.30pm or 8am-6pm (closed only Christmas to New Year).
- Monthly charges.
- Parent Body
- Camden Chinese Community Centre.
- Client Group
- Children 2-5 years.
- Catchment Area
- People living or working in Camden. Non-Camden residents considered.
- Capacity or waiting list
- 20 places. Waiting list. Places as available or booked.
- Referrals Policy
- Self-referrals accepted.
- Referral required?
- Mandarin; Cantonese
- Camden Town with Primrose Hill Ward
- Last checked date
- Record ID
- Local Offer Age Bands
Children under 5
School Age Children & Young People 5-18
- Where is the service located and what areas does it cover?
At United Reform Church in Camden . The Nursery is two minutes walk from Camden Underground station.
- Who does your service provide for?
All children aged two to five years old
- How can a child or young person start using the service?
Call the Nursery to book a place on 020 7485 41567 and ask for Nancy Tang, Nursery manager
- How are decisions made about eligibility for your service?
The main criteria is availability of place and if not fee paying can Camden support the place. The Nursery has been part of the two year pilot in Camden. A waiting list is operated if the Nursery is full.
- How do you communicate with service users and how are they involved in decision making/planning?
Nursery has a Parents group who meet regularly where parents are consulted and curriculum discussed and decisions are made at those meetings. Nursery communicate directly with the parents.
- Is your service fully accessible?
The service is fully accessible.
- What training have the staff supporting children and young people with SEND had/or will be they be getting?
All staff have training appropriate to the service offered, there is a SENCO and they have access to Camden’s Early Years Intervention Team for specialist support as required.
- Who should a service user contact if they want to raise a concern or complain about something?
It is best to talk to the member of staff first and if this does not resolve the issue then talk to the Nursery Manager, Nancy Tang. The Nursery has a complaints procedure which can be invoked at any time by the parents.
- Who can a parent carer/young person contact for further information?
Contact Nancy Tang on 020 7485 4156
The Local Offer is a free and impartial service provided by Camden Local Authority. Any service or provider mentioned in this Local Offer, does not represent a recommendation or endorsement of the service or quality of the service provided. You are responsible for undertaking your own checks to determine suitability of the service and provider.