We support teenage parents, from early in pregnancy (12 weeks) until their child’s second birthday. Parents have a family nurse, who will see them weekly, and then as the programme progresses fortnightly.
This is a strengths based programme, designed to enable teenage parents, and their children to fulfil their personal goals/aspirations and meet their full potential.
Our service helps to:
- Increase knowledge of pregnancy, birth and child development
- Improve pregnancy outcomes; for both mother and child
- Support healthy behaviour choices; breastfeeding, stop smoking, nutrition, healthy relationships
- Support mothers to get back into education, employment or training
- Increase school readiness of children
- Sign post to other support services
Eligibility criteria for the service is:
- 19 and under
- this will be the mother's first live baby
- Camden resident
There can be self-referral or anyone working with teenage parents (i.e. GP, midwives, sexual health services, children’s social care, schools etc) can refer via the online referral form here.
If self-referring you can call the office, and the referral will be accepted over the phone